in Final Reflection

Final Reflection

I have learned many things throughout the course of the term, including such things as: how to write a conference paper and how to improve on the writing that I have already written, how to locate better resources through the use of the campus library website, the internet to cite research, examples, and quotations properly within the contents of my research paper as well as document it accurately of Chicago Manuel style. Through the term, I have learned several different methods used when writing an effective paper and how the different writing styles affect the overall theme and tone of the essay when used properly.

One of the methods I’ve learned was the rhetorical triangle, when you prepare a written document, speech or presentation, consider the three elements of the triangle. You must have a purpose you’re writing about for your audience to easily understand what you’re saying, and will more likely be influenced by it. When you know the purpose and audience you’re writing for, it becomes easier for you because then you’re paper will have a clear message and a specific point.

A writing style I’ve learned this term would be how to write a conference paper. A conference paper is often both a written document and an oral presentation. You may be asked to submit a copy of your paper to reviewer before you present at the conference. In order for your paper to follow the requirements for academic papers and oral presentations. Conference papers can be an effective way to try out new ideas and to introduce your research questions. I didn’t have experience with writing conference papers, however I’m glad I did learn it as it will become something I will most likely use in the future following grad school. When it came to our conference papers we were able to look Into journal articles and compare and contrast to improve our writing. With that information, we were able to write a more in depth paper that is refer as a journal manuscript. Our journal manuscript was a great opportunity for gaining valuable feedback from classmates and better our writing.

Overall this class allowed me to write more extensively on the topic I had chosen which in turn helped expand the size of my research paper. I’ve constantly received constant feedback from my professor and knew what I should fix and improve. When it came to the writing it. became a little trickier because I had to understand what it was I needed to write about and the style in which I need to write it in along with constantly researching a specific topic. The writing methods which I learned while attending this course were the rhetorical triangle, compare/contrast, proposal, process, developing research questions, how to find journal articles, and how to write a conference paper/journal manuscript. The only problems I encountered when trying to write the essays that were assigned to me by the instructor was finding suitable sources for my topic as my topic mainly focuses on men and masculinity in Iran. I learned a lot from this class and I know it can be shown within my writing.

Write a Comment

Comment